Q How can I become a volunteer?
A We are delighted that our plea reaches people of good heart. Please contact a staff member at
(773) 225-9749 to find about upcoming fundraising events and volunteering opportunities.
Q Do I need to meet special requirements to become a volunteer?
A YCBMAF does not have special requirements; everyone who feels the need to help can become a volunteer. However, we do ask of our volunteers to observe certain rules while fundraising on behalf of YCBMAF:
- Be reliable and punctual
- Follow through on your obligations, and do not promise what you can’t deliver
- Be trustworthy
- Respect confidentiality
- Respect the rights of people you work with
- Have a non-judgmental approach
- Carry out the specified job description
- Give feedback (i.e. participate in volunteer meetings and evaluations)
- Be accountable and accept feedback
- Be committed to the program
- Avoid overextending yourself
- Acknowledge decisions made by the staff or the organization
- Ask for support when it is needed
- Address areas of conflict with the appropriate staff member or volunteer coordinator
- Refrain from using alcohol and drugs during YCBMAF’s events